Mid-South Gifted Academy offers rolling admission throughout the school year when space is available.
2020-2021 School Year Admission
- We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. A limited number of openings are available in each studio. Please contact Jenn Morris, Director of Admission, at email@example.com to inquire about availability in your child’s grade.
- All students who apply and complete their visit by January 31, 2020 will be considered for “Early Decision” admission.
- Application deadline, Round 2: February 14
- Application deadline, Round 3: March 13
2019-2020 Current Year Admission
- We are accepting applications for admission for the current school year, 2019-2020. Tuition is prorated for students who enroll mid-year.
Who Can Apply?
Mid-South Gifted Academy is a school for intellectually gifted children who are highly motivated to learn in a personalized and project-based environment.
We consider a variety of factors to determine a child’s fit for MSGA and his or her admission to the program. They include:
- IQ test results
- Academic achievement
- Characteristics of task commitment, creativity, and leadership
- Student work samples if available
Step 1: Schedule a tour by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (901) 850-6695.
Step 2: Submit an application and IQ test results here. If needed, we offer IQ testing for a fee of $220, or you can seek private testing.
Step 3: Schedule a time for your child to visit MSGA.
If you are interested in participating in our Extended Open House option, please be sure to select that option on the application. Extended Open House is an opportunity for your child to attend MSGA for one month for a fee of $1500 with no obligation to continue attendance past that month. If you decide to continue your child’s attendance at MSGA, the $1500 fee will be credited toward your annual tuition cost. The Extended Open House option allows you and your child to decide if MSGA is a good fit.
Once you have completed the above steps, your child will be considered for admission. During rolling admissions, families will be notified within two weeks of completing the process. Accepted applicants enroll or decline within two weeks of receipt of the offer. A $350 enrollment fee (credited toward tuition) is due at the time of enrollment.
Our tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $12,800. All fees are built into the tuition and cover enrollment, materials, technology, and local field trips. Monthly and biannual payment plans are available.