Intermediate Level Guide 2020-2021
We seek an energetic and creative educator to guide gifted students in personalized, mastery-based, and project-based learning experiences. The candidate must be highly skilled at differentiated instruction and have a passion for teaching gifted students. The right person for this position will have an interest in developing an academically rigorous curriculum within a mixed age classroom.
- Guide students on personalized learning paths to ensure mastery of core academic skills
- Create and implement hands-on, project-based learning experiences
- Model enthusiasm for content and intellectual curiosity
- Design lessons that emphasize critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and enrich curriculum and instruction
- Integrate technology to enhance learning
- Support the physical and social/ emotional well-being of all students
- Utilize multiple methods to track and communicate academic and social/emotional progress to students and families
- Ability and interest to lead and attend student activities outside of the regular school day to support school programs
- Lead by example in your commitment to MSGA’s mission of developing innovators and world changers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to design and integrate curriculum with other subjects and to teach collaboratively
- Resilience and flexibility within a dynamic environment where new ideas and innovative practices are embraced
- A desire to work in an environment where feedback and continuous improvement are expected and are an essential part of the culture
- Commitment to modeling lifelong learning
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jessica White at firstname.lastname@example.org, and complete this google form.
About Mid-South Gifted Academy
Mid-South Gifted Academy is a K-12 mastery-based, independent school for intellectually gifted students in the Memphis area with a mission of developing innovators and world changers. Mid-South Gifted Academy provides a dynamic, joyful, and challenging school experience for gifted learners that honors individual strengths and abilities, prioritizes strong relationships, and grants children the freedom to learn in order to fully develop their potential. We are committed to partnering with families to develop individualized learning goals that allow for challenge, acceleration, and enrichment. Our focus on engaging, integrated, project-based learning prepares our students for their future by developing creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication. At MSGA, gifted learners are empowered to reach their fullest potential within a community of learners who support each other’s academic and social/ emotional growth.