Mastery Math Camp
Summer 2020 Mastery Math Camp
Virtual Math Coaching
Session One: June 8-12 AND June 15-19 $175
Session Two: June 22-26 AND June 29-July 3 $175
Both Sessions- $300
Who: Children exiting 3rd-6th grade. Each camp session will be separated by grade level and limited to 10 participants in each group.
What: Your child has the opportunity to work with an experienced MSGA math instructor to identify gaps and master skills missed during the school closure, receive individual attention and coaching, and experience the fun of solving challenging math problems!
When: 3rd and 5th Grade: 9:00-10:15 AM
4th and 6th Grade: 10:30-11:45 AM
Where: On Zoom, from the comfort of your home. Your instructor will e-mail you with the room number and to set up an initial phone call/ consultation once registration is received.
Each Day's Class Includes:
- Math Puzzles
- Mastery Work on Core Skills
- Fun challenges!
What is Mastery-Based Learning
Mastery learning focuses on mastering a topic before moving on to a more advanced one. Follow this link to view Sal Khan’s Ted Talk on the importance of teaching for mastery and why it is especially important when learning math.
Does my child have to attend MSGA to participate in Mastery Math Camp?
No! Students from anywhere may participate as long as they have access to Zoom.
What can I expect?
- Your child’s instructor will reach out to you by phone to make an introduction, hear more about your hopes and goals for this time, and get a plan in place.
- The instructor will work with your child to create an individualized learning plan for the two-week session and to use throughout the remainder of the summer if desired.
- A second consultation meeting with your child’s math coach will be held about mid-way through the camp to share the learning plan, discuss progress, and answer any questions.
- Each 75 minute Virtual Coaching session includes: 15 minutes of group and individual challenges, 45 minutes of breakout independent practice with check-ins from the math coach, and a 15 minute closure.